Guest: Aditya Vasudevan, Solicitor at The Arts Law Centre of Australia
- Definitions of sample, interpolation, remix, text setting / quotation, etc as used by APRA.
- Copyright basics – what does it protect and how?
- When do you need permission? (Sampling, quotation, the public domain)
- Exceptions – when don’t you need permission? (Fair dealing for parody and satire)
- Moral rights – what are they and how do they affect me?
- Who is responsible for clearing copyright? (Contracts between artists, labels, producers, remixers)
- Contract basics – what are warranties and indemnities?