The 2023 APRA and AMCOS Annual General Meetings (AGMs) will be held on Tuesday 21 November. Voting for the election of directors to the APRA Board and AMCOS Board is conducted before the AGMs.
In accordance with the APRA and AMCOS Constitutions, nominations for director positions on the APRA Board and AMCOS Board must be received by the Company Secretary by close of business on Friday 22 September.
APRA Writers in Australia and New Zealand
If you’re an APRA writer in Australia or New Zealand, you could be eligible to nominate for a position on the APRA Board.
This year there are vacancies on the APRA Board for two writer directors to be elected by the Australian writer membership. This year there are no New Zealand writer directors up for re-election.
Australian Writer Directors Mark Callaghan and Jonathan Zwartz have both been in office for three successive annual terms since their last election and must retire.
Both Mark Callaghan and Jonathan Zwartz will stand for re-election.
If you’re an APRA publisher, you could be eligible to nominate for a position on the APRA Board.
This year there are vacancies on the APRA Board for two publisher directors to be elected by the APRA publisher membership. Publisher Directors Matthew Capper (Warner Chappell Music Australia) and Jaime Gough (Concord Music Publishing) have both been in office for three successive annual terms since their last election and must retire.
Both Matthew Capper and Jaime Gough will stand for re-election.
If you’re an AMCOS member you could be eligible to nominate for a position on the AMCOS Board.
This year there are vacancies on the AMCOS Board for three directors to be elected by the AMCOS membership. Directors Philip Burn (Hal Leonard Australia) and Heath Johns (BMG Australia) and Damian Trotter (Sony Music Publishing Australia) have been in office for three successive annual terms since their last election and must retire.
Heath Johns and Damian Trotter will stand for re-election, but Philip Burn has advised that he will retire from the AMCOS Board in November. AMCOS thanks Philip for his many years of service to the organisation, particularly in his capacity as Chair of the AMCOS Board’s Audit Risk & Culture Committee.
The role of APRA and AMCOS board members
- Provide insights and a longer-term strategic perspective to the Board, CEO and executive to help guide the organisation
- Support the provision of membership, licensing and distribution services and advocacy on behalf of our broadly diverse APRA writer members
- Shape messaging and communications with key stakeholders
- Connect the organisation into important networks
- Represent the organisation, uphold its brand reputation and values and promote its interests nationally and internationally
- Oversee management implementation, objectives and performance
- Provide non-executive leadership and set the strategic objectives of APRA AMCOS
- Clearly articulate a risk appetite within which the Board expects management to operate
- Build knowledge of the sector APRA AMCOS operates in, including with its partners and competitors
- Actively contribute to scheduled Board meetings and other events
- Approve operating budgets and major capital expenditure
- Stay abreast of issues relating to the sector APRA AMCOS operates in.
To discuss your eligibility to nominate for a position on the APRA or AMCOS Board, contact APRA and AMCOS’ Company Secretary Jonathan Carter by email at [email protected].
A formal AGM notification, including Board election nominee details and instructions on how to vote will be sent to all eligible voting members at least 30 days before the AGMs.
View the APRA and AMCOS Constitutions and governance statements.