Customer Support Representative
Applications close: 20 June 2021
We are looking for an outstanding administrator to join our OneMusic Australia team as a Customer Support Representative. Our ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator, professional in their approach, and an efficient and outcomes driven problem-solver. We’re looking for someone who is able to work of their own initiative, under pressure and also be an excellent team player. In this role you will work with a dedicated team of music lovers who are passionate about the rights of music creators.
The position is a full-time role, 12-month contract role. This role can be located in our Collingwood, Fortitude Valley, Ultimo, North Adelaide or Darwin Office. APRA currently has hybrid working arrangements with staff typically working both in the office and at home.
The Customer Support Team manage queries from existing clients and is generally the first point of contact for prospective clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Communication with existing and prospective clients via telephone, email and Live Chat in relation to a broad range of licensing, account amendment and outstanding debt matters
- Educating clients about licensing obligations and our role in ensuring songwriters and recording artists are paid for the performance of their works
- Ensuring that licensing queries, account amendments and other matters are evaluated, actioned or escalated in a timely manner
- Regular analysis and reporting
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE:
- An exceptional phone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Experience in an administration or client services role
- Experience analysis and reporting, and/or strong Excel skills
Please click here to view the job description.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please submit via SEEK, a short cover letter outlining why you would be suitable (addressed to Brent Rowley, Manager, Customer Support) and a current resume by Sunday 20 June. If you have questions in relation to the role, please contact Carla O’Neale, Human Resources Manager on 02 9935 7905.
APRA AMCOS values inclusion and diversity in the workplace and aims to achieve a workforce that is representative of the community it serves. We strongly encourage applications from all diverse groups, including; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people.