Divisional Head, Membership
Applications close: end of June
The Divisional Head, Membership role is responsible for creating the vision and overarching strategy, framework and roadmap for the Membership Division, in order to deliver best-in-class efficient and effective service to the breadth of their membership.
The position requires exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. It also requires the ability to carefully manage relationships outside the company with writer and publisher members, and key music community stakeholders
The role encompasses the delivery of the organisation’s annual Awards series and is a conduit between the business and the APRA and AMCOS Boards and its committees in relation to all Membership issues.
As a member of the leadership team, the role contributes to strategic planning and works independently and collaboratively, where required, building business relationships with relevant stakeholders.
Do Work That Matters
Member Services, Engagement & Development
- Develop member confidence and belief in the company’s vision and strategy for delivering member value.
- Develop a robust member engagement and retention strategy and framework which enables the long-term growth and sustainability of the Australian music industry.
- Manage relationships with the full spectrum of our global membership: music publishing enterprise members, individual high earners, and grassroots emerging songwriters.
- Analyse and present membership trends, competitor behaviour, membership issues, and anything else that could impact the business
- Oversee the digitalisation of membership services and the delivery of outreach initiatives that are broadly representative and inclusive
- Identify and implement best practices to position APRA AMCOS as the commercial partner of choice for all membership groups.
- Work with leadership team to develop best practice to protect members’ repertoire and maximise payments
- Actively contribute to the leadership team, operational planning, policy and program development and implementation. Foster the development of the organisation’s culture, values and identity.
- Provide support, guidance, coaching, leadership and empowerment to the teams including feedback through performance reviews and regular staff supervision. Ensure effective and respectful employee relations and HR practices.
- Drive financial and risk management of the Division, including developing and maintaining budgets, ensuring cost control, processing transactions, securing sponsorship and external funding where required and developing financial strategies for a sustainable organisation.
- As an Officer under WHS laws, ensure a safe and healthy work environment and ensure effective management of and resolution of grievances and complaints in line with policy and procedure and regulatory requirements.
APRA AMCOS leadership, management and staff; Writer and Publisher members; music industry networks and organisations in Australia and abroad.
Our ideal candidate will have these skills and experiences;
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years of strong commercial and relationship-management experience at a senior leadership-level. Specific experience at a senior level within the Australian content/cultural sectors (publishing, media, music, arts and/or entertainment) would be an advantage.
- Sound negotiation and influencing skills with the capability to build effective relationships with industry stakeholders.
- Understanding of marketing, communications, digital, experience design and change management.
- Ability to lead a team of 50+ across all aspects of the member experience, to pivot with the changing behaviour of members into an increasingly digital future.
And behavioural qualities in;
Inspiring – embodies the company’s vision and values.
Directing Teams – steers multidisciplinary teams.
Enterprising – defines a strategic plan, develops organisational processes and structures to optimise results. Builds the organisation, identifies business opportunities, shows business focus.
Managing Business – manages the budget and implements change.
Developing Vision – develops a mission, vision and strategy for the Division.
Business Understanding – thinks cross-functionally, has insight into and defines internal business parameters.
Networking – identifies the right business partners and establishes strategic alliances.
Relating – build up relations and networks of people within and outside the organisation.
Influencing – has impact, negotiates and convinces an audience.
Organisational ownership – guarantees the achievement of organisational objectives. Shows personal accountability, maintains awareness of the market, maintains awareness of organisational issues.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via EP Australia following this link.