Not a member yet? Join APRA AMCOS

Already started a Writer Member application? Continue

Living, earning or touring overseas

If you are living, earning royalties or touring overseas, we’re with you every step of the way. APRA AMCOS represents your music rights across the world.

APRA AMCOS represents your music rights across the globe

As an APRA AMCOS member, you enjoy global representation for your music rights. We have agreements with other organisations like us around the world. So when your music is used in another territory, our affiliates collect money on your behalf. They then pay these royalties to us, and we pay you.

Find out more about the flow of royalties through collecting societies, and when you can expect to get paid.

See where our affiliates are located.

View a list of territories we manage.

International banking and tax

If you’ve got a bank account overseas, we can still pay you!

You can receive royalty payments into any international bank in a range of currencies. Get in touch to find out more.

It is important to note that withholding tax is applied to most international payments and therefore the Country of Economic Residence should be the country in which you currently lodge tax returns.

You can notify APRA AMCOS of any Country of Economic Residence changes via email.

If you’re earning money in multiple territories, we recommend you seek the advice of a tax agent with a firm understanding of international taxation. This is the best method to ensure that any tax already paid on foreign revenue is appropriately claimed on any tax returns lodged.

Our Chief Financial Officer, Tim Denny, has answered some common questions about earning overseas and paying tax. Read the Q&A.