Opt Out (performing & communication rights)
You can choose to Opt Out of certain categories of use, for all your works. This will give you personal and complete control of all your works, worldwide, for that type of use. You will be able to grant licences to anyone for that use, on your terms, or you may choose not to license the works at all.
The categories of use that you can opt out of are:
- public performance (anything other than broadcast and online)
- communication to the public other than by broadcasting (such as web streaming)
- live performance (such as at a concert or festival)
- public performance by means of film (cinema)
- public performance other than live performance and cinema (such as background music, fitness centres, and discos or dance parties)
- radio broadcasting
- free to air television broadcasting
- subscription (pay) television broadcasting
If you Opt Out, we will not license any uses of your works in the relevant category, and you won’t receive any money from us for that use. We also will not be able to enforce your rights if someone infringes your copyright.
How do I Opt Out?
The minimum period to Opt Out is 12 months. If you want to opt out, you must give us:
- at least three months written notice to take effect either on 1 January or 1 July in any year
- a signed consent and indemnity from all interested parties (for example, co-writers or publishers).
If the Opt Out arrangement is complex, we may charge an administration fee (capped at $200).
Please download the [relevant] form, fill it out, and email it to [email protected] to submit your Licence Back Request.