Who's it for?
Women and gender minority artist managers or self-managed artists who reside in Australia and are aged 18 or over are eligible to apply. You must be able to demonstrate experience as a manager and a commitment to sustaining a career in the music industry.
The funding is intended for professional development, such as business-related travel, education, conference attendance, the purchase of business equipment, or other expenses that support your career in music.
As part of your application, you'll be asked to outline how you would use the grant. The funds are to be spent within 12 months.
In honour of Linda Gebar’s dedication to Australian music and her values of honesty, passion and integrity, the Lighthouse Award will be presented to a manager who can demonstrate:
- Commitment to a career in the music industry
- A passion for supporting Australian music
- Integrity, creativity and professionalism in their work
- Willingness to act as a mentor within the music community
- A history of broader engagement with the music community
- Achievements as a music manager
- A plan for using the grant to further their career
How to apply
Complete the online application form with details of your artist management experience, response to selection criteria and a budget outlining how you would spend the grant.
Applications will be reviewed by a peer board comprising music industry professionals and chaired by APRA AMCOS.
Applications will open in early 2021.