Saturday 30 September - Sunday 1 October in Melbourne
In-person conference and live stream featuring top composers, sound artists and industry pros from games and music
Panels, demos, workshops, networking, legal advice, A&R and more tailored to music creators of all levels
Limited time: High Score Scholarships - apply by 7 September 5pm AEST.
High Score is where music creators, game developers and industry professionals connect and explore the important role that music and audio play in game design and experience.
Join us Saturday 30 September & Sunday 1 October at LCI Melbourne in Collingwood – or on the live stream. Tickets are on sale now!
Drawing on a theme of "Tools of the Trade", this year’s High Score is focused on building deeper relationships with existing tools, finding new skills and putting everything to the test creatively, technically and practically. Whether your craft is composition or songwriting, sound design or foley, audio engineering or technical implementation – High Score has something for you.
Returning as hosts are ABC’s Good Game Spawn Point and Double J radio presenter Angharad 'Rad' Yeo and ACMI curator and award-winning videogame journalist, Jini Maxwell.
Opening the conference will be the legendary composer, Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Heart, Final Fantasy XV, Super Mario RPG, Street Fighter II), discussing her 30+ year experience with the medium of game audio and composition.
Australia’s own Christopher Larkin (Hollow Knight, TOHU, Outfolded) will close out the conference with his experiences creating and refining a distinctive sound and production approach.
Panels and discussions on diverse topics include:
- Foley design with Sony PlayStation's Joanna Fang and Blake Collins, who have worked on Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, God of War Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West.
- Audio and sound for mobile games with Jayde Marter, Katarzyna Wiktorski & John Guscott
- Deep dives into the soundtracks of: Dredge, Broken Roads and Justice Sucks
- The first presentation of The Australian Music in Games Benchmark by Dan Golding and Brendan Keogh for Creative Australia
- Hands-on demo rooms to try out gear from our sponsors Ableton, FMOD and Native Instruments
- Networking time
- Book 1-on-1 meetings with industry bodies, Arts Law Centre of Australia & Australian Guild of Screen Composers
- and so much more!
Don’t miss the chance to network and connect, try out software and hardware or learn from local and international speakers on skill development, aesthetic design, and the structure of the ever-changing games industry.
- $70 earlybird in-person ticket – EXHAUSTED!
- $120 full price in-person
- $25 live stream
High Score is presented by APRA AMCOS, in partnership with Creative Victoria, and is part of Melbourne International Games Week.