Log in to your account

Domestic royalties

Find out how and when APRA AMCOS pays you songwriter royalties earned in Australasian territories.

Performance royalties in Australia and New Zealand—Live Performance Reports

If one of your songs or compositions is performed in a licensed venue, you're eligible to earn performance royalties. This includes when you perform your own music. You can get royalties by submitting a Performance Report through the Writer Portal or APRA AMCOS for Music Creators app.

Submitting your Performance Reports

You have until the end of July to submit your Performance Reports for the previous financial year. It's easier than ever to now submit your Performance reports on-the-go in the APRA AMCOS for Music Creators app.

That means for live performances in the period of 1 July to 30 June, you need to submit by 31 July each year:

  • WHAT songs were played
  • WHERE they were played
  • WHEN they were played

APRA AMCOS uses this information to calculate an equal across-the-board royalty rate for each performance. Performance royalties are paid per song per performance to the writers and publishers of the songs that were performed.

Live Performance royalties are distributed once a year, in November.

Don’t delay! Retrospective Performance Reports are accepted for up to 3 years previous, but Writer Services needs to be contacted to arrange this.

What's on-costing?

We work with some live music venues that pass on the APRA live music licence fee to the performer—you. We contact members when our records indicate this may be the case and reimburse this amount to the relevant rights holders of the works performed at this show.

Got any questions? Contact us at [email protected]