Not a member yet? Join APRA AMCOS

Already started a Writer Member application? Continue

Music royalties explained

Want to make money from your music? Join APRA AMCOS.

Get an ABN for your royalty payments

Once you become a member, make sure you tell us your Australian Business Number (ABN). If you don’t have an ABN, get one! We can only accept Individual/Sole Trader ABNs.

If you don’t have an ABN and you earn more than $500 in APRA royalties or $75 in AMCOS royalties, we have to deduct withholding tax from your royalties at the highest marginal rate for personal income tax.

Apply for an ABN through the Australian Business Register.