Not a member yet? Join APRA AMCOS

Already started a Writer Member application? Continue

Find a copyright owner

If you want to arrange music or use it in print, online, advertisements, film or TV you need the permission and a licence from the copyright owners of the musical work (composer or Publisher) and the sound recording (Record Label or artist).

Our works search feature is free, offers immediate results and can help you obtain the details of published works in our repertoire. If you are arranging the work or seeking synchronisation clearance, you will need to reach out to the rightsholders directly. Find the contact you need here Publisher contact list.

If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, we also offer a premium service where one of our team will do the research for you using a number of databases around the world. This service provides information at a fee of $55 (excl. GST) for the first 11 works, and $5 (excl. GST) per work for additional works. Once the form is submitted we will issue you with an invoice which is payable before you receive the ownership information.

Complete request form (PDF 195 KB)

Please note: getting information about the copyright owner from APRA AMCOS does not constitute an authorisation of any kind to use the musical work or sound recording in any manner whatsoever. You can only obtain authorisation from the owner or representative of the relevant rights.

Looking for the copyright owner of a sound recording?

Copyright of recorded music also usually requires an additional licence for the sound recording in the song.

The Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) may be able to assist you with this. Contact ARIA on 02 8569 1144 or you can visit their website.